Kerala in India has it all: sun, sea, sand, good food, houseboats, culture and wildlife. Its spectacular natural landscapes — think palm trees and sprawling backwaters — lend the region the nickname – God’s Own Country.”
Kerala, known as “God’s Own Country” has some of the best tourist destinations in India for any kind of holiday. It is the land of coconuts, backwaters, elephants and the land of rich cultures and traditions, and has been one of the most sought after places by travelers from all around the world and the Best places to visit in Kerala is a long list of places that exudes variety and rich heritage. “Kerala Tourism was also recommended among CNN Travel’s 19 places to visit in 2019, Lonely Planet as one of the must visit family destinations to visit”
If you are preparing to check out Kerala, here is a few list of places to visit in Kerala, which can be visited throughout the year.
- Cochin – Athirapally Waterfalls
Munnar – Perfect for a romantic honeymoon & it tops the list among the best Places to Visit in Kerala
Alleppey – The backwater hot spot.
Kumarakom – One of the most tranquil places.
Wayanad – The land of heavenly trails.
Thekkady – For the love of wildlife.
Kovalam – For some beach fun.
Best view Points:
- Athirappilly Waterfalls which is known as “The Niagara Falls of India” can be visited on the way from Cochin to Munnar.
- Kovalam – Kovalam is a beach town with a grove of coconut trees everywhere.
- Munnar – The Hill Station Famous for the Tea Gardens and Greenery.
- Alleppey – Unique Backwater Destination in Kerala, where one can enjoy Houseboat ride with Lunch during the day for 4 hours, and if you want to stay for 1 Night even that can believe done.
- Thekkady – Best Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary in Kerala.